Disabled Lifts for Wheelchair Users
Finding disabled lifts is easy with Gartec. From higher weight limits to larger sizes, we have a disability lift that will suit every building, and every user. Complying with Building Regulations Part M, and providing an ideal “Equality Act Lift”, our disabled lifts help buildings comply with the law as well as improving business potential through better accessibility.
DISABLED LIFTS FOR EVERY BUILDING
With a range of platform lifts, Gartec can provide wheelchair suitable lifts and disabled lifts with key features designed for wheelchair & less able users:
- Higher weight limits – suitable as bariatric and powered wheelchair lifts
- Larger platform sizes – including a shaft means the footprint is still small on our biggest lifts
- Remote controls – position call stations away from the lift for ease of use for wheelchair or disabled users
- Lighting options – sensory lifts for autistic users
- Ramp or flush to floor – make wheelchair lift entry easy with a 50mm ramp, or flush to the floor if possible
WHAT ARE THE LAWS SURROUNDING DISABLED LIFTS?
Disabled lifts are required in multi-level commercial and public buildings under Part M of the Building Regulations, and as part of the Equality Act, where other forms of entry are unsuitable.
Read about regulations and platform lifts in our regulations section. Access to multi-level buildings does not have to be solved using a disabled lift, but often it is the most convenient and simple method.
WHICH DISABLED LIFT DO I NEED?
Gartec’s range of disability lifts are tailored for simple installation, use and maintenance, making access simple.
For commercial lifts, the Gartec PublicLiftAccess is our most customisable lift, with fully compliant platform sizes which are large enough to be used as bariatric or electric wheelchair lifts. 500kg weight limit options and quick installation make this lift hugely versatile for very little outlay or time, helping businesses improve disabled access faster.
Our enclosed cabin lift (the Gartec 9000) also has sizes perfect for use as a wheelchair lift – this is often popular in retail as it provides a familiar ‘box’ environment, like a conventional lift.
Combine functions with the Gartec PublicLift Access Goods Option, ideal for passengers and light goods with a protective kerb. Based on the 7000 model, the Flexi offers the same customisations and sizes.
WHAT MAKES OUR DISABLED LIFTS DIFFERENT?
Our disabled and wheelchair platform lifts are ‘real’ lifts, and have been designed with access in mind, whilst remembering aesthetics which many other disabled lifts don’t offer.
Perfect for larger size requirements and higher weight capacity, our disabled lift range offers:
- Room to grow (esp. residential disabled lifts)
- Wheelchair and carer travel space
- High weight limit – up to 500kg
- Doors on multiple sides for easy access/egress
- Remote call stations for easy access to controls
- Automatic doors and door closers
- Huge range of customisations
- Small footprint means more space for platform
- Safety features prevent injury through misuse